Okay, finally my first real posting. I enjoy everyone else's so much I thought I would write about my day. It was sort of an out of body experience. I woke up like any other day and went to have my nails done. As many of you know I look forward to this time with my good friend Robin every two weeks. Well this morning I was feelin sassy and thought I need a little walk on the WILD SIDE. I'm usually pretty boring and do a plain classic color with no flair and always very short. Oh not today my friends, today I went CRAZY. I got tips, not long for most, but long for me, and get ready, they are SILVER glittery acrylic. I know, I know, not like me at all. I've never had anything against the glittery colored stuff, so I thought I would try it. Then off to my bi-weekly visit to the beauty supply, then to the bank, and then to the EVIL TARGET!!! I actually had grounded myself and my checkbook from that place awhile ago, but needed some new stuff for the salon and house so I thought I would shop some deals. My New Year's resolution is to clean EVERYTHING out and get organized. After an insane year, as you all know, I needed to clear my head by cleaning out my house and work. So I scored big time with some cute tops, (I know not a necessity), shoes (clearance, also not needed), some organizing calendars, journals, frames and baskets. After leaving Target I felt ready to go home and take on the horrible job of cleaning out my ridiculous car. I try to pick a project on each day off that doesn't take the whole day so I don't feel so overwhelmed. Anyway, after cleaning out all the garbage and giving it a quick wipe down i headed to the local Auto Zone for some Armoral and some new license plate covers, mine are rusting and look awful. Then to the car wash to use the vacuum. Of course I wanted to listen to the radio and it was only for a few minutes so i went for it. Admiring my almost clean car I went to start it up and guess what, DEAD! So I let it sit for a minute by cleaning out my wallet. No Luck again. So I cleaned out the glove box, No LUCK AGAIN! Now I'm frustrated. So I called Jared and low and behold, WHOOPS, dropped my cell phone in my drink! AAAHHH! Now there is smoke coming out my ears. Fully submerged, yeah don't worry, it's totally ruined. So i asked some nice people to use there phone, Jared couldn't come right away so I asked them for a jump. They said that sounded good and they would do it right now. I said, "don't you need to vacuum your car?" They had decided not to because they had no cash. So, of course, I gave them a few bucks for a jump, oh, whoops! I didn't mean it like that. I mean i payed for them to vacuum there car and they helped me start my car. Thank heavens for nice strangers. So i headed home to finish up my car. My car is beautiful and I can't wait to drive it tomorrow. A great end to my day!
So my summary for the day is this, it was very productive, adventurous and frustrating. What I got out of it, nails (that I later decided make me look like a Las Vegas show girl), no offense Robin, lots of stuff to check off my to do list and more stuff to put on (clean car- done, new phone- needed), and a clean and shinny car! Few, I'm glad today is OVER ! and I'm sure your glad this posting is over. I hope I didn't bore you all and I look forward to writting again soon, well don't hold your breath, you might die before I get around to it again. Talk to you all soon! XOXOXOXOXO
10 years ago




4 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVED this post! So funny. So awesome. Truly soo amazing! Can't wait for more!!
yay for blog posts! i am horrible at doing them too but it gets easier the more you do it. what a day for you... hope today is better! love ya girl!!!
Sounds like a day in the life of a normal, busy girl--except the dropping the phone in the drink part. Ask Jenny about dropping your phone in a place that totally submerges it and you aren't sure you want to reach in and get it! You always have beautiful nails. I love a clean car so maybe you could take me for a ride :)
LV Showgirl!!! If I had known that, I would have charged you double because those ladies make big bucks!!!! And you know that your sparkly nails made your mama mia experience so much better!!!
Love you AND your blog!!!
Post a Comment